Event: Disaster Management (Fire Safety)
Date: 28th September 2022
Resource Person: Mr. Firoz Khan from Fire Department
Fire safety is the set of practices intended to reduce the destruction caused by fire. A workshop on ‘ ‘Disaster Management (Fire Safety)’’ was organized by Salwan Public School, Mayur Vihar-III, New Delhi, and the “Fire Department” of Delhi on 28th September 2022.
The workshop was about the information related to:
- The materials/Substances that can cause fire
- Elements involved in fire
- Key contact information
- Utility services (Including shut-off valves for water, gas and electric)
- Access issues
- Dangerous stored materials
- Location of people with special needs
- Categorization of fire as A, B, C, & D class fire
Resource person Mr. Firoz sensitized the staff about LPG safety rules and use of fire extinguishers and also introduced the acronym PASS, wherein each letter of PASS stands for:
P – Pull the pin.
A- Aim the nozzle
S- Squeeze the handles
S- for Sweep
He shared real-life experiences and examples. A demo was given by Mr. Firoz on using a fire extinguisher at the end. It was an informative and enriching experience for all the participants.
Leave a Reply